We wanted to let you know how we’re addressing COVID-19 at RainCity Housing in order to make it as safe as we can for the residents and participants that we work with on a daily basis.
We are regularly monitoring developments that may be related to COVID-19 and are relying on information from the BC Centre for Disease Control and local health authorities for guidance and recommendations to shape our revised operational practices at RainCity Housing.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE DOING:
- Enhanced infection control protocols for the people we support and our staff that include:
- more frequent regular surface cleaning at all of our sites, particularly at high contact points (handrails, door handles, computers, counters in common areas);
- frequent handwashing with soap for 20 seconds.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desks in all of our buildings to make it possible to have necessary conversations with the people we’re supporting.
- All of our building staff are now wearing masks throughout their shifts.
- All staff are provided with PPE (personal protective equipment) and the protocols for proper use.
- Signage has been posted widely at all of our sites with recommended hygiene practices for the people we support, including refraining from touching, kissing, hugging and handshaking.
- Hand sanitizer and soap dispensers are being replenished regularly.
- All staff meetings and other non-essential gatherings or events at all of our sites have been cancelled.
- Our Administration (Payroll, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems) and daily operations that provide food and administer medication will continue to run safely in order to support our programs and staff teams over the coming weeks.
- Individual Pandemic Plans have been developed for each of our programs to respond to the ongoing situation.
- Staff who can work from home will do so more often.
- Staff are to stay home if they feel unwell.
- Guests are no longer admitted at all of our locations, apart from essential services and deliveries.
Like all frontline organizations, we are reacting to this situation and how it changes in real time, and each day that goes by can often mean new information and new approaches to complex issues and ways to solve new problems.
We are extremely fortunate to have an exceptional and creative group of staff who are showing up each day for each other and for the people we support.
Ways You Can Help
If you are some of the amazing people who want to donate items to any of our sites, we kindly ask that you please hold on to them during these unique circumstances. Once the Health Authorities provide new information that includes relaxed or removed protocol, it will be safe to contact us with items or drop off at sites.
If you are wanting to support us in other ways, one can always donate safely and securely from their own home by visiting our direct donation page. Huge thanks to all of you who donate to us and make it possible for us to respond even faster to this crisis.
Our social media channels will be updating any other real time measures we may need to take.
Thank you for your ongoing support during these very interesting and intense times.
Leave a Reply