POSITION TITLE: Cook
PROGRAM: Surrey, the Tri-Cities, & the Fraser Valley
SALARY: $24.86 /hour to start
TYPE: Casual Relief
START DATE: As soon as possible
Pursuant to the Provincial Health Officer’s Order, the incumbent of this position is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will only consider applicants who are fully vaccinated, or who have received an exemption from the Provincial Health Office. Proof of either must be provided in advance of any offer of employment being made.
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2022.090” to: Sontaya, Food Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Prepares and serves meals, and provides direction to food service workers, clients, and/or volunteers. Performs cleaning duties, receives supplies, maintains records.
many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
· Grade 12
· Professional Cook Training Certificate
· Certificates in First Aid and Food Safe
· Recent, related experience of six months
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Key Skills and Abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to deal with others effectively
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Constant standing.
· Ability to operate related equipment
· Ability to organize and prioritise