RainCity Housing needs your support. As we continue to grow to meet the needs of the community, our resource needs grow as well. When you give to RainCity Housing, you become a leader in helping us bridge the gap of government funding and in changing the way society approaches mental illness, addictions and homelessness.
Please help us continue to move from providing a bed to supporting a life.
Here are some firsthand accounts of how your donation can make a difference.
how you can help
There are a number of ways you can donate:
- our direct donation page
- by email
- in person at 616 Powell Street, Vancouver
- by phone at 604.215.5991
- by mail – please make cheque payable to RainCity Housing at 616 Powell Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6A 1H4
- through Canada Helps
Donations come in all sorts of shapes and sizes!
- Make a general donation – You can make a general donation on behalf of people experiencing homelessness, mental or physical health issues and addiction.
- Become a monthly donor – As a monthly donor you help us keep administration costs low, allowing us to allocate more funds to our programs and services.
- Designate your United Way contribution to RainCity Housing and Support Society.
- Leave a Legacy – You can support people living with mental illness, addictions and other challenges well into the future by remembering RainCity Housing now with a legacy gift such as stocks and securities, an insurance policy, or by naming the Society as a beneficiary in your will.
- Make a gift in memory of a family member, friend or colleague, or in honour of someone special or in recognition of a special occasion.
- Organize your own fundraiser with the proceeds going to RainCity Housing.
The following items are always welcome at RainCity Housing: blankets, socks, gently used clothing (adult only), towels, bed linens (preferably single or standard size), toiletries (including full bars of new soap, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sanitary products), dishes and mugs. Donations can be dropped off at the Triage Emergency Shelter, 707 Powell Street, Vancouver.
We regret that we do not have staff available to pick donations up, nor do we have an appropriate vehicle. If you have items that require pick-up, please consider making your donation to HomeStart Foundation (www.homestart.ca) or another agency of your choice. RainCity Housing is a member of HomeStart Foundation and we do utilize their services to receive free furnishings. Due to a lack of storage we do not accept furniture unless specifically required and, again, it must be dropped off.
Thank you for considering RainCity Housing – we truly appreciate your support.
third party fundraising and events
Have you done fundraising for RainCity Housing? Let us know!
Many of our supporters have hosted their own fundraisers for RainCity Housing. The funds raised through “Third Party Fundraisers” are essential in allowing us to deliver our programs and services.
There are many ways you can raise money to support the people in our community who need it the most – be creative, use your imagination, and have fun with your event! To get started on your fundraiser please contact:
Fran Romer at 604.215.5991
audited financial statements
Excerpt from our 2015/2016 audit
Excerpt from our 2014/2015 audit
Excerpt from our 2013/2014 audit
Excerpt from our 2012/2013 audit
Excerpt from our 2011/2012 and 2010/2011 audit
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
For more information about RainCity Housing, the services we deliver, and how you can support our work, please contact us!
RainCity Housing and Support Society
616 Powell Street
Canada V6A 1H4