POSITION TITLE: Workforce Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
SALARY: $65,688- $82,110 annually, depending on qualifications and experience
START DATE: as soon as possible
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Includes some work from home.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director, Human Resources & Labour Relations
WORKING CONDITIONS: Corporate office environment as well as program specific environments on occasion
To apply: please include your resume with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position in an email and send to:
Assistant Director, Human Resources & Labour Relations
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity employees are dedicated and driven professionals who can see the direct positive impact their work can have on others.
It is an exciting time to join RainCity Housing. Not only does the organization continue to grow but the Human Resources is growing with it, developing an HR Strategic Plan to guide the coming years. This is a new role for the organization and as such, will be dynamic and evolve with the organization.
The role of the Workforce Analyst is to provide support to RainCity Housing’s strategic and operational goals by applying expert knowledge in HR practices, project management, process engineering and relief labour forces. The Workforce Analyst supports Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities by using these skills to advise on supportive housing practices and processes that support high quality operational decision making.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can anticipate and act on needs before they arise. They will be skilled at building relationships and effectively consult with stakeholders to develop solutions to moderately complex organizational and people management issues. They will be able to make data meaningful and to drive evidence-based decision making. As we will be implementing new systems to support efficiency across the organization, they will be highly organized, with excellent ability to develop project requirements with stakeholder input, as well as having a strong ability to interpret, understand, and re-engineer business processes. Excellent knowledge of HR best-practices will be a key to success in this role.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Human Resources & Labour Relations, the Workforce Analyst identifies key reporting requirements and develops data gathering and reporting mechanisms using financial, human resources and organizational data to achieve HR strategic and operational goals. They provide project management and analyst support for all phases of assigned systems development and implementation projects.
The Workforce Analyst works with Information Systems to develop key reporting requirements, automations, and software solutions to real-world business problems, specifically as they relate to the human resources department. Additionally, they work to understand the supply and demand of the relief labour force, thereby monitoring the labour costs of the organization and developing and recommending strategies to reduce labour costs.
- Monitors salary expenditures on the relief workforce, including overtime; identifies and advises to program management and senior leadership where there is a financial risk of exceeding budget. Recommends to management strategies to mitigate financial risk.
- Performs analysis on the relief workforce to understand supply and demand. Makes strategic workforce recommendations to the Director, Human Resources.
- Gathers and analyzes process information on the relief worker life cycle, overseeing and improving workforce data systems, including those assigning scheduling blocks to relief and float staff, thereby reducing overtime and scheduling emergencies
- Designs processes and data systems to support workflows, related to the relief worker life cycle, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, probation, minimum hour requirements, benefits, labour relations, performance evaluation, health and wellness, training and professional development and internal job competitions.
- Interfaces with Information Systems to develop automations and other scalable solutions to business problems in HR
- Supports the redesign, implementation or Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of programs through process engineering and workflow analysis, including related knowledge transfer and job aids, and identifying policy gaps
- Supports CQI activities through HR information systems (re)design and data analysis
- Provides significant project management and analyst support to coordinate and monitor projects and key deliverables
- Recommends and implements process improvements affecting multiple teams, technologies, systems or business areas to increase efficiency
- Promotes knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems
- Works with stakeholders to create consistent processes across programs that ensure staff have easy access to the right information at the right time and in the right place
- Provides guidance for the definition and adoption of new guidelines, policies, processes, procedures and metrics
- Ensures maintenance of documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
- Serves on a variety of RainCity Housing departmental committees, task groups, internal working teams and corporate projects
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of RainCity Housing management, employees, clients and the public
- Performs other related projects or duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or related field
- Experience with HRIS Software, such as DayForce
- A minimum of five years of recent and related work experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Experience in a non-profit, unionized organization preferred
- Ability to understand, communicate and support the mission and values of RainCity Housing, and the models/methods of supporting clients including the principles of Housing First and Harm Reduction