POSITION TITLE: Community Health Worker/Housekeeper (Home Support)
PROGRAM: Marguerite Ford Apartments
SALARY: $19.29/hour to start. Employer-paid benefits, including health, vision, and dental care. Includes Employer Assistance Program.
TYPE: Permanent, Part-Time, 0.6 FTE
SCHEDULE: Wednesday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm, includes 30 minute unpaid meal break
START DATE: As soon as possible
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2022.079” to: David Wong, Program Manager at the Marguerite Ford Apartments, at email@example.com
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Helps ensure tenant rooms meet health and safety requirements by providing home support services to tenants such as housekeeping, laundry, supporting tenants to learn housekeeping skills, collecting and disposing of needles, assisting staff with pest control preparation.
The Marguerite Ford Apartments team provides a range of supports, advocacy, cultural knowledge and community involvement to tenants of MFA, low income people who also might be coping with the realities of recent homelessness, substance use, and physical and mental health concerns. The project is a partnership with the Sanford Housing Society (SHS) which acts as the MFA property manager. There are147 suites, bachelor and one bedroom, governed by the Residential Tenancy Act.
Many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Graduate of Grade 12.
- One year of related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
Key Skills and Abilities – for supporting people receiving our services
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with tenants
- Home management skills
- Ability to observe and recognise changes in tenants
- Ability to respond to problematic behaviour using an understanding of the behaviour’s context and function
- Ability to informally teach skills that increase tenant’s ability to self-manage their homes
- Ability to analyse problems and develop effective solutions
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to collaborate with staff team and external services
- Ability to constructively resolve conflict with co-workers, management and external services
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to organise and prioritise duties
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position
- Demonstrates understanding of oppression and marginalization as related to chronically homeless individuals.