POSITION TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator
PROGRAM: Information Systems
SALARY: $67,002 – $80,000
TYPE: Permanent Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 Weekly
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday with flex time. Some evening work required periodically, mix of remote and on-site work, as per operational need.
START DATE: As soon as possible
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2021.203” to: Sean Brophy, Information Services Manager, at email@example.com
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, deployment, and sustainment of IT
infrastructure in support of RainCity Housing’s operations. Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the role ensures RainCity Housing’s IT infrastructure is secure, robust, and fit for purpose. In collaboration with RainCity service owners, other members of the IT Team, and where appropriate third-party agencies, the Senior Systems Administrator will lead the development and upkeep of the appropriate procedures, practices and supporting documentation to protect the integrity of the IT infrastructure, including but not limited to disaster recovery, privileged access management, patch management and logging. In addition, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the oversight of the IT department’s User Support services, acting as a point of escalation for service-related issues. The role provides direction on the assignment of duties, as well as mentoring and procedural guidance to the junior staff in the User Support team and is overall responsible for the effective functioning of day-to-day IT operations to meet RainCity Housing’s operational needs.
The Senior Systems Administrator acts as a senior liaison to the Business Systems team, and works collaboratively to develop, implement, and sustain the necessary applications to support operational requirements and the emergent needs of the organization. The Senior Systems Administrator will stay informed of emerging technology trends and practices and offer recommendations to the Manager, Information Systems on how to optimize infrastructure costs, while meeting RainCity Housing’s on-going operational needs, and wherever possible create new service delivery opportunities that will support the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of five years of work experience with Windows Active Directory systems, preferably in a hybrid environment
- A minimum of five years of experience with exchange server
- A minimum of one year of experience with Powershell (tell us what cool things you’ve cooked up!)
- Proficiency in Azure Active Directory, SQL Server or Azure SQL, and Office 365
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Ability to understand, communicate and support the mission and values of RainCity Housing, and the models/methods of supporting clients including the principles of Housing First and Harm Reduction
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills; can consult effectively with managers to develop solutions to moderately complex organizational and people management issues
- Effective decision maker; able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks; able to execute on clear and timely decisions in the organization’s best interests
- A self-starter; able to effectively anticipate and act on needs before they arise
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Proposes cost effective solutions to operational or strategic problems in the business area
- Champions positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the goals of the organization
- Listens well and encourages open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present recommendations clearly, logically and persuasively; and to prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, studies and other written materials
- Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with diverse individuals and groups
- Identifies, establishes and communicates clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes
- Models core qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence
- Focuses on stakeholder needs; able to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within organizational parameters
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to facilitate collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups, aimed at improving programs, services and goals
- Self aware; understands personal assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations
- Understands the need for ongoing personal and professional development; actively seeks opportunities for personal learning, character building and growth
- Takes personal responsibility for actions, performance and well-being