POSITION TITLE: Clinical Coordinator
TYPE: Permanent Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 weekly Hours
SALARY: $82,254.40 – $103,870 annually, depending on qualifications and experience
SCHEDULE: General hours are Monday -Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm with the possibility of Tuesday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00 pm
START DATE: As soon as possible
Pursuant to the Provincial Health Officer’s Order, the incumbent of this position is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will only consider applicants who are fully vaccinated, or who have received an exemption from the Provincial Health Office. Proof of either must be provided in advance of any offer of employment being made.
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2022.106” to: Kevin Parker, Program Manager at the Foxglove, at firstname.lastname@example.org
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
The Foxglove Clinical Coordinator assists in the daily operations and development of clinical and support operations for the Foxglove Enhanced Health Team which supports a minimum of 39 residents assigned to enhanced health supports. The Clinical Coordinator leads an inclusive, collaborative, learning-oriented transdisciplinary team that is collectively committed to program model, values and the best possible service for residents. This team is closely partnered with a Fraser Health Enhanced Health Team and is embedded within the larger Foxglove Supportive Housing and Shelter Team. Reporting to the Foxglove Program Manager, the Clinical Coordinator implements, monitors, and evaluates the RainCity enhanced health team, in alignment with RainCity principles, policies and practices and Enhanced Health Care principles, policies and practices. They assist in the hiring, dismissal, discipline, development, and performance evaluation of the Enhanced Health Team staff.
The Foxglove Clinical Coordinator supports program implementation informed by Provincial Enhanced Health Guidelines, RainCity principles, policies and organization-wide procedures, as well as the program framework and assists with continuous improvement. They promote the interests of the resident population and the program in the community and ensure the program is appropriately integrated with other systems of care. In addition to their operational role, the Foxglove Clinical Coordinator also provides direct services to clients.
Foxglove Enhanced Health Housing: The 23-unit Enhanced Health Housing floor will have dedicated medication management, psychosocial rehabilitation, support for minor medical issues and work in partnership with Fraser Health services such as Mental Health and Substance Use and Home Health. Other hospitality services such as meals and laundry, also there will be a part-time nurse on site twenty hours a week for tenants to access. This section of foxglove will also be staffed twenty-four hours a day over three separate shifts. Folks in this space will have access to indigenous cultural liaisons who will create programing connected to culture and build relationships with participants. There will be peer support specialist available seven days a week as well. The referral pathway for these twenty-three units will come from Fraser health.
- RN or RPN designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with programs that deliver direct service to individuals living with mental illness, substance use and physical health issues
- Experience with supervising programs is preferred, including budgeting, program planning, policy development, and labour relations
- Active registration with a regulatory college under the Health Professions Act (HPA)
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- A clear vulnerable sector criminal reference check
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Practices for populations with complex needs related to mental health issues, substance abuse, and homelessness
- Mental health diagnoses, medications, treatments, support resources, and strengths-based recovery model
- Related physical health issues (e.g. HIV and Hepatitis C), including diagnoses, treatment, and support resources
- Oppression and marginalization, specifically as related to Indigenous people, Black people and People of Colour and people living with mental health and/or substance abuse issues
- C. health care and social services system
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE
- Makes strategic planning decisions to formulate and achieve program objectives
- Translates policy and principles into program structures and rhythms that ensure alignment of daily practices
- Ability to continually analyze and evaluate program practice and outcomes to create continuous improvements
- Exercises strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Works with senior leadership to develop solutions to complex issues
- Strong decision maker with good judgement; proven ability to make, and be accountable for, tough decisions
- Exercises sound, expert, independent judgement within policy guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; able to translate the organisation’s strategic vision into common language
- Influences and builds commitment to RainCity policies and strategic goals; ensures a cohesive and collaborative client service team
- Presents proposals, recommendations, and reports clearly, logically, persuasively and comprehensively
- Displays high emotional intelligence; uses tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential situations
- Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with diverse individuals and groups
- Inspires others by identifying, establishing and communicating clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes
- Models core qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence
- Focuses on stakeholder needs; ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Demonstrates leadership using positive reinforcement, strengths-based feedback and coaching to direct team members, stakeholders and partners
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups, aimed at improving programs, services and goals
- Self aware; understands personal assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations
- Understands the need for ongoing personal and professional development; actively seeks opportunities for personal learning, character building and growth
- Takes responsibility for personal actions, performance and health
- Understands budgeting processes and able to effectively track program costs
- Able to track and manage payroll costs