POSITION TITLE: Business Systems Analyst
PROGRAM: Information Services
SALARY: $64,000- $70,000
TYPE: Permanent Full Time, 1.0 FTE
SCHEDULE: 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday flexible daily hours. Primarily work from home, with limited office attendance (depending on Covid-Safety) for the foreseeable future, or until the end of the Covid state of emergency. Upon which time, the position may revert to a mix of in-office and work from home.
START DATE: As soon as possible
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2021.192” to: Sean Brophy, Information Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
The role of the Business Systems Analyst is to provide support to RainCity Housing’s strategic and operational goals by applying expert knowledge in business analytics, project management, process engineering and information technology. The Business Systems Analyst supports Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities by using these skills to advise on supportive housing practices and processes that support high quality operational decision making.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the Business Systems Analyst identifies key reporting requirements and develops data gathering and reporting mechanisms using financial, human resources and organizational data for strategic and operational business cases. The Business Systems Analyst provides project management and analyst support for all phases of assigned systems development and implementation projects, including preparation of supporting documents, briefing papers, strategic and tactical reports for submission to RainCity Housing Executives, funding organizations, and other stakeholders. This role ensures the organization’s mission and values are integrated into the design, development and implementation of business systems solutions.
- Performs systems analysis by establishing scope and objectives, conducting feasibility studies, planning or modifying procedures to solve system problems, and preparing detailed specifications for redesign or development
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand system structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process and data
- Gathers requirements for the development of RainCity’s client records
- Performs workflow analysis, developing organizational information requirements and
- Identifies, develops and documents business situations that require technological
- Analyzes how proposed systems solutions impact other systems and organizational
- Identify system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency
- Documents and analyses existing processes, performing best practice reviews and internal gap analysis.
- Analyzes and determines best method of modifying or integrating enhancement to existing
- Solves existing systems logic difficulties, as
- Supports the redesign, implementation or Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of programs through process engineering, including related knowledge transfer and job aids, and identifying policy
- Supports CQI activities through information systems (re)design and data
- Provides significant project management and analyst support to coordinate and monitor projects and key
- Recommends and implements process improvements affecting multiple teams, technologies, systems or business areas to increase
- Promotes knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information
- Works with knowledge management consultants as needed to capture and share knowledge across the organization, with particular focus on consistent application of key processes and
- Works with stakeholders to create consistent processes across programs that ensure staff have easy access to the right information at the right time and in the right
- Provides guidance for the definition and adoption of new guidelines, policies, processes, procedures and
- Ensures maintenance of documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure
- Serves on a variety of RainCity Housing departmental committees, task groups, internal working teams and corporate s
- Maintains a current awareness of information technology industry standards and
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of RainCity Housing management, employees, clients and the
- Performs other related projects or duties, as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized diploma or degree program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or a related field of
- Expertise in Transact-SQL or another relational query
- Experience with software analytics tools such as
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- Ability to understand, communicate and support the mission and values of RainCity Housing, and the models/methods of supporting clients including the principles of Housing First and Harm