POSITION TITLE: Facilities Operations Coordinator
PROGRAM: The Lux Transitional Housing
SALARY: $27.24-$29.42 (BCGEU, Grid 35)
TYPE: Permanent / Full Time
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, includes a 30-minute unpaid meal break
START DATE: As soon as possible
*In addition, you will be paid a shift premium of two dollars ($2.50) per hour for the entirety of each night shift worked. “Night shift” means any shift in which the major portion occurs between 12:00 midnight and 8:00 AM.
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2022.331” to: George Simpson, Director Of facilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Facility Operations Co-ordinator is a hands-on position with responsibility for coordinating the administrative, maintenance, materials management and housekeeping facets in an apartment community located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. This position performs building maintenance functions and inventory control, rent collection and tenant intake/exit. The Facility Operations Co-ordinator supervises janitorial staff and liaises with the Program manager and support staff. The position may require some evening work. It requires understanding and supporting the mission and values of RainCity Housing and the models / methods of supporting the clients including Housing First and Harm Reduction.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager. Works closely with: Program manager and staff.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Program: The Lux provides 92 units of supported housing to people who are coping with the realities of homelessness, substance use, and complex physical and mental health concerns. The Lux is staffed 24/7 by support workers, the building is monitored 24/7 by front desk staff at the main entrance.
Many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
· Grade 12 and Building Manager (Residential) Certificate
· 2 years related experience
· Knowledge of WHMIS principles and safety protocols, WHMIS certification preferred
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· First Aid/CPR training and Valid BC Driver’s License
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to operate related equipment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including sensitivity to diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to work with a variety of tenants. Demonstrates understanding of oppression and marginalization as related to homeless individuals.
· Able to complete a variety of computer-based paperwork and administration duties. Computer literate in Windows, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Able to enforce RainCity Housing and tenancy requirements in a sensitive manner, in consultation with Support Workers
· Physical ability to carry out the work including: perform heavy cleaning duties and able to use a dolly to move heavy items such as kitchen appliances
· Ability and experience doing small repairs such as repairing holes in drywall, installation of toilets and other plumbing fixtures
· Basic understanding of HVAC systems, wiring and electricity, conventional and electronic lock systems
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to plan, organize and manage their work day so that work is completed in a timely manner despite interruptions
· Ability to identify an emergency and respond appropriately
· Must wear steel toed footwear when appropriate, and other safety equipment when needed such as eye and head protection.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources. Fax 604-254-3703 – Drop off: Human Resources, 616 Powell St. Vancouver, BC