POSITION TITLE: Facilities Operations Coordinator
PROGRAM: Sechelt Hightide Modular Housing
POSITION TYPE: Permanent Part-Time, 0.8 FTE
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm; includes a 30-minute unpaid meal break
SALARY:$26.19 to start (bcgeu grid 35)
LOCATION: Sechelt, BC
START DATE: as soon as possible
COMPETITION #: job2020.255
To apply, please email resume and cover letter (quoting competition # job2020.255) to Renee Bergeron, Manager of Facilities at email@example.com
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
Hightide Modular housing provides single room occupancy (SRO) housing to low-income individuals 19 years of age or older who live in the community, have a history of homelessness and who need additional support services to maintain housing. This supported housing program is staffed by a combination of support workers, including an Indigenous Cultural Liaison Support Worker and a Peer Services Support Worker. Each unit contains a private bathroom with toilet, shower and sink, as well as a kitchenette. The building has 24 hour/ 7 day a week staffing, with a minimum of two staff working on site to maintain the building, deliver programs, support tenants and ensure a safe environment within the building. The program supports also include an onsite kitchen facility and a cook to prepare at least one hot meal per day. The building also has custodial, home support and facilities management staff.
The Facility Operations Co-ordinator is a hands-on position with responsibility for coordinating the administrative, maintenance, materials management and housekeeping facets in an apartment community located on the Sunshine Coast. This position performs building maintenance functions and inventory control, rent collection and tenant intake/exit. The Facility Operations Co-ordinator supervises janitorial staff and liaises with the Program manager and support staff. The position may require some evening work. It requires understanding and supporting the mission and values of RainCity Housing and the models / methods of supporting the clients including Housing First and Harm Reduction.
many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Grade 12 and Building Manager (Residential) Certificate
- 2 years related experience
- Knowledge of WHMIS principles and safety protocols, WHMIS certification preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- First Aid/CPR training and Valid BC Driver’s License
Key Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including sensitivity to diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work with a variety of tenants. Demonstrates understanding of oppression and marginalization as related to homeless individuals.
- Able to complete a variety of computer-based paperwork and administration duties. Computer literate in Windows, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to enforce RainCity Housing and tenancy requirements in a sensitive manner, in consultation with Support Workers
- Physical ability to carry out the work including: perform heavy cleaning duties and able to use a dolly to move heavy items such as kitchen appliances
- Ability and experience doing small repairs such as repairing holes in drywall, installation of toilets and other plumbing fixtures
- Basic understanding of HVAC systems, wiring and electricity, conventional and electronic lock systems
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage their work day so that work is completed in a timely manner despite interruptions
- Ability to identify an emergency and respond appropriately
- Must wear steel toed footwear when appropriate, and other safety equipment when needed such as eye and head protection.