POSITION TITLE: Cook
PROGRAM: Sechelt Hightide Modular Housing Program
SALARY: $20.43 (bcgeu grid 9)
POSITION TYPE: Casual Relief
START DATE: as soon as possible
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Drop off: 616 Powell St, Vancouver BC
Currently hiring for casual relief workers, more regular Cook opportunities may be available on the Sunshine Coast in the fall.
Diversity: RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Job Summary: Prepares and serves home cooked meals supportive housing program. Keeps work area cleaned and organized, keeps track of inventory for weekly supplier purchase orders, basic menu planning and preparation. Performs cleaning duties, receives supplies, maintains records.
Program: Sechelt Hightide Modular housing provides 40 units of single room occupancy (SRO) housing to low-income individuals 19 years of age or older who live in the community, have a history of homelessness and who need additional support services to maintain housing.
Qualifications: many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Grade 12
- Professional Cook Training Certificate
- Certificates in First Aid and Food Safe
- Recent, related experience of six months
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Key Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Constant standing.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize