POSITION TITLE: Cook
PROGRAM: Vancouver and surrounding areas, Richmond
SALARY: $21.25/hour to start
TYPE: Casual Relief
START DATE: September 15, 2021
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2021.240 ” to: Bob Pearson, Food Services Manager, at email@example.com
RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
A wonderful opportunity for creative chefs to provide nutritious homestyle cuisine for our program participants.
Prepares and serves home cooked meals supportive housing program. Keeps work area cleaned andorganized, keeps track of inventory for weekly supplier purchase orders, basic menu planning and preparation. Performscleaning duties, receives supplies, maintains records.
Many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Grade 12
- Professional Cook Training Certificate
- Certificates in First Aid and Food Safe
- Recent, related experience of six months
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Key Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Constant standing.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritise