Casual On-Call Shifts – 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday, Wednesday or Friday
*Please note transportation reality: for those living in Vancouver, please note that this is a 2 hour commute on transit. For those living in the Tri-Cities/Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge area, the commute is under an hour depending on where you live.*
Job and Program Summary: The Administrative Support position oversees the daily operation of the Intensive Case Management (ICM) team office by performing a variety of administrative support functions such as secretarial and word processing duties, scheduling of appointments, assisting with the preparation of budgets and audits, assisting with the management of contracts, monitoring expenditures, assisting in the development and evaluation of program policies and standards, determining resource requirements and authorizing expenditures. Supervises support staff.
The Housing First ICM Team incorporates ‘housing first’ approaches into the Intensive Case Management model. Housing First is a recovery-oriented supportive housing approach that operates on the principle that homeless people living with mental illness should be offered immediate access to rent supplements so they can live in the same kinds of permanent independent apartments that are typically available to people without mental illness. Self-determination, choice and harm reduction are at the centre of all considerations with respect to the provision of housing and support services.
The team’s clients are offered the supports and clinical services of a full service ICM team including medical, counselling and community supports. Program staff are closely involved in hospital admissions and discharges.
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Recent, related experience of three years in a social service, mental health, addictions or medical environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Class 5 driver’s license and vehicle
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to effectively and safely resolve crisis situations
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize, particularly when emergencies arise
- Ability to type at 60 wpm
- Business writing skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of medical and mental health terminology
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to research, analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to do financial calculations
- Ability to develop, evaluate and monitor administrative systems and procedures
- Ability to engaging and converse with people living with a mental illness and/or substance use dilemmas.
- Demonstrates understanding of oppression and marginalization, specifically as related to people living with a mental illness and/or substance use dilemma.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org