POSITION TITLE: Business Systems Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Information Services
POSITION TYPE: Permanent Full Time, 1.0 FTE
SALARY: $64,000- $70,000
START DATE: On or after August 17, 2020
SCHEDULE: 40 hours weekly, flexible daily hours. Primarily work from home, with limited office attendance (depending on Covid-Safety) for the foreseeable future, or until the end of the Covid state of emergency. Upon which time, the position may revert to a mix of in-office and work from home.
To apply please include your resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position, in an email with the subject line of “job2020.137” to:
Sean Brophy, Information Services Manager
The role of the Business Systems Analyst is to provide support to RainCity Housing’s strategic and operational goals by applying expert knowledge in business analytics, project management, process engineering and information technology. The Business Systems Analyst supports Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities by using these skills to advise on supportive housing practices and processes that support high quality operational decision making.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the Business Systems Analyst identifies key reporting requirements and develops data gathering and reporting mechanisms using financial, human resources and organizational data for strategic and operational business cases. The Business Systems Analyst provides project management and analyst support for all phases of assigned systems development and implementation projects, including preparation of supporting documents, briefing papers, strategic and tactical reports for submission to RainCity Housing Executives, funding organizations, and other stakeholders. This role ensures the organization’s mission and values are integrated into the design, development and implementation of business systems solutions.
- Performs systems analysis by establishing scope and objectives, conducting feasibility studies, planning or modifying procedures to solve system problems, and preparing detailed specifications for redesign or development work.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand system structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process and data requirements.
- Gathers requirements for the development of RainCity’s client records systems.
- Performs workflow analysis, developing organizational information requirements and models.
- Identifies, develops and documents business situations that require technological solutions.
- Analyzes how proposed systems solutions impact other systems and organizational processes.
- Identify system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Documents and analyses existing processes, performing best practice reviews and internal gap analysis.
- Analyzes and determines best method of modifying or integrating enhancement to existing applications.
- Solves existing systems logic difficulties, as required.
- Supports the redesign, implementation or Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of programs through process engineering, including related knowledge transfer and job aids, and identifying policy gaps.
- Supports CQI activities through information systems (re)design and data analysis.
- Provides significant project management and analyst support to coordinate and monitor projects and key deliverables.
- Recommends and implements process improvements affecting multiple teams, technologies, systems or business areas to increase efficiency.
- Promotes knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems.
- Works with knowledge management consultants as needed to capture and share knowledge across the organization, with particular focus on consistent application of key processes and systems.
- Works with stakeholders to create consistent processes across programs that ensure staff have easy access to the right information at the right time and in the right place.
- Provides guidance for the definition and adoption of new guidelines, policies, processes, procedures and metrics.
- Ensures maintenance of documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration.
- Serves on a variety of RainCity Housing departmental committees, task groups, internal working teams and corporate project.s
- Maintains a current awareness of information technology industry standards and developments.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of RainCity Housing management, employees, clients and the public.
- Performs other related projects or duties, as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized diploma or degree program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or a related field of study.
- Expertise in Transact-SQL or another relational query language.
- Experience with software analytics tools such as PowerBI.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Ability to understand, communicate and support the mission and values of RainCity Housing, and the models/methods of supporting clients including the principles of Housing First and Harm Reduction.