POSITION TITLE: Cook
PROGRAM: Killarney Apartments
SALARY: $19.62 (bcgeu grid 9)
POSITION TYPE: Casual Relief
START DATE: as soon as possible
SCHEDULE: 4 hour on call shifts, 2:00pm-6:00pm
To apply, please quote competition # 280 and send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off: 616 Powell St, Vancouver BC
Diversity: RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Job Summary: Prepares and serves home cooked meals (dinner) for a small supportive housing program of 25 residents. Keeps work area cleaned and organized, some shopping at neighborhood grocery store needed. Keep track of inventory for weekly supplier purchase orders, basic menu planning and preparation. Performs cleaning duties, receives supplies, maintains records.
Program: Killarney Apartments was RainCity Housing’s first housing program located outside of Vancouver’s Downtown East Side. Killarney offers a peaceful and quiet neighbourhood which supports goals of long term recovery from mental health challenges and trauma. The purpose is to provide supportive permanent housing for people who have been homeless and are living with complex mental health issues.
Qualifications: many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Grade 12
- Professional Cook Training Certificate
- Certificates in First Aid and Food Safe
- Recent, related experience of six months
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Key Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Constant standing.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize