POSITION TITLE: Residence Building Attendant
PROGRAM: the Lux Apartments
SALARY: $20.62 to start (bcgeu grid 15)
POSITION TYPE: Temporary Part-Time, 0.9 FTE
START DATE: as soon as possible
We are currently hiring for two Temporary Part-Time Residence Building Attendants for the Lux Housing Program
#187 SCHEDULE: week 1 Monday-Thursday 7:15am-3:30pm, week 2 Monday-Friday 7:15am-3:30pm; 30 minute paid meal break to be taken at work station.
#207 SCHEDULE: week 1 Thursday- Sunday 3:15pm-11:30pm, Wednesday- Sunday 3:15pm- 11:30pm; includes 30 minute paid meal break to be taken at work station.
To apply, please quote the competition # (187 or 207) and send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Drop off: 616 Powell St, Vancouver BC
Diversity: RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Position Summary: Responsible for the security functions of The Lux. The primary role is monitoring the main front entrance controlling resident and non-resident access to the building, and escorting unwelcome visitors out of the building in a respectful manner. Interacts with residents, observes client behaviour, investigates and handles disturbances in consultation with Program staff. May perform some cleaning, administrative duties and maintenance tasks. Understands and supports the mission and values of RainCity Housing, and the models / methods of supporting the tenants including Housing First and Harm Reduction
Program Summary: The Lux consists of 2 programs: 24 units of supported housing for women and men who are coping with the realities of homelessness, substance use, and complex physical and mental health concerns; and 68 subsidized affordable rental units. In addition to the support staff for tenants, the building is monitored 24/7 by Residence Building Attendants at the main entrance.
Qualifications: many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Grade 12 or equivalent. Building Management (residential) certificate and/or Security training is desirable
- Recent, related experience of two years in building security
- First Aid/CPR training
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including sensitivity to diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with a variety of tenants, some of whom have addiction and mental health issues
- Able to enforce RainCity Housing and tenancy requirements in a sensitive manner, in consultation with Support Workers
- Able to complete a variety of computer based paperwork and administration duties
- Ability to plan, organize and manage their work day so that work is completed in a timely manner despite interruptions
- Ability to identify an emergency and respond appropriately
- Demonstrates understanding of oppression and marginalization as related to chronically homeless individuals.